cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify GX6050 Printer - stop the warm-down / clean after every print

sirhara
Apprentice

Hi,

I've been testing the Canon Maxify GX6050 printer for use in a commercial setting where it needs to print roughly every 30 to 60 seconds while in use. 

The quality and speed is really impressive, however it appears to run some kind of post-print process at between 25 and 30 seconds after every print, and it continues for around 40 seconds. Unfortunately this interferes with getting consistent prints out at a decent speed (it can double the print time to wait for whatever it is doing to complete or cancel then complete the next job). It's a shame because otherwise this printer seems perfect - and the ecotank will make it really economical.

I'm wondering what this post-print process is and if there's any way to stop it happening or delay it for 5 minutes? I've been through all of the menus both on the printer itself and through it's web UI but there's nothing other than auto power on which doesn't impact this behaviour.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation; however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We can only provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The MAXIFY GX6050 isn't sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

sirhara
Apprentice

Thanks Stephen!

Announcements