cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580Cdw prints rough lines or right 1.25 inches

DRG
Apprentice

My prints always have approx. 1.25 ins. of vertical lines on right side (long side for both portrait and landscape printing)..  First inch towards right they are black, dark, light, dark, light, etc., approximately 1 in. each.  Last .25 in.,approximately at end, they are magenta, yellow and one thick black line.  The colors are mainly magenta with yellow mixed in though no cyan.

I have performed numerous ITB's, cleaning Intermediate Transfer Belt.  I have also lightly cleaned the Transfer Belt with a soft cloth even though I could not get the Toner Tray; out of the machine.

Might anyone have any ideas

Thanks,

Dennis

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi DRG,

I understand you have already done cleanings but recommend performing a Fixing Unit and Transfer Belt cleaning once again.  Click HERE to perform a Fixing Unit cleaning.  Click HERE to perform a Transfer Belt cleaning.

If the issue continues, take out the toner and rock it 5 or 6 times to evenly distribute the toner. Re-install the toner and attempt a print job.  If that does not work, try another toner cartridge to resolve the issue.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements