cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8350cdn - ADF not working

mstoops
Apprentice

I have a MF8350cdn printer/scanner/copier.  Recently the ADF will not work.  I can still scan from the platen.  And I have found the ADF will take the paper if I open the feeder door and put the paper about 1/4" down.  But when I simply lay it in the tray and slide it down to it's proper position where it senses the document, and click scan or copy, I hear the wheels turning, but it doesn't grab the paper, and in a few seconds it registers it as a paper jam.  

Please help me fix this ADF issue.  

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mstoops!

It appears that there may be an issue with the paper pickup system in the document feeder, since the paper will feed if you insert it.  I recommend that you contact our Digital Printing and Imaging Solutions group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 8:00PM EST.  A support representative will be able to provide more troubleshooting steps. 

While I understand that the forum may be the preferred method of communication, the real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.  Please be near the machine and have the 8 digit serial number ready.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements