cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280Cw PRINTER , its wont copy unless connect USB to computer

rad83
Apprentice

Hi , my MF8280Cw Canon printer copy a blank paper unless i connect USB to
computer then when i press copy its work fine, but when when plug out USB and press copy a blank paper come out . its new been 4 days since I bought it, and its been 2 days since the problem happend , i intialize all (set factory) and the problem stil , I will apperciated if i get  answer.

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi rad83,

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having copying issues.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the patch:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type MF8280Cw in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click search.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers& Downloads' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Select "Operating System"

5.  Under the Firmware Tab click on the file named "[Windows] imageCLASS MF8280Cw Firmware Update Tool (V04.01".  After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree to terms.  Download and save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.

6.  Attempt to make a copy.  Does the issue continue?  If so, does the issue also occur when printing as well or only when making a copy directly from the unit?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi again rad83,

You are welcome.  I am glad the issue has been resolved for you.  If you need any further assistance just let us know.

Have a nice day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements