cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF746- Mac OS Error code 822

ESPNJOE
Apprentice

No matter what I do or what I try to prinit I get a 822 error code, I have updated my OS....Anyone have a work around or anything I can do..Worked perfedctly out of the box and then a couple days ago I get nothing but 822 error code. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS are you using the printer with?  

How are these devices connected?

A few suggestions:

Try printing directly from a mobile device.

Try printing from another connected computer

If these both fail, reset the printer to factory defaults

Uninstall, restart then reinstall the printer.  Retest.

Canon Knowledge Base - Instructions for clearing error codes

Printer Functions - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642C...

The printer has a 3yr warranty from Canon, you have options if there is indeed a problem. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ESPNJOE,

That error will point to a problem processing the information from the print job it received. To resolve this issue, I would suggest clearing any jobs waiting to be printed and then trying to print again. If the error comes back up, the issue could be caused by the drivers used when printing. We would be happy to assist furhter with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What are you trying to print and what program are you printing from?
Announcements