cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743cdw Not Printing Envelopes Properly

JH1
Apprentice

I've been able to print individual envelopes in the past by putting one in the multifunction tray. Now all of a sudden when I try and print the envelope, the envelope is cycled through but nothing is printed on it but it's printed on a regular piece of paper out of tray 1. I've tried updating the drivers, specifying No 10 envelope for the MF tray but nothing has worked. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JH1,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program are you printing from?

I would like some info on this topic. Have had the same problem recently. Using a Mac Monterey 12.5 and trying to print an envelope from pages program. Was working fine until a few days ago. Thank you.

Hello RandyC1,

If the printer asks to load paper in the main cassette, you can try registering the #10 envelopes to manual paper tray again using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not work, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can highlight the Canon printer and use the - at the bottom of the list to remove any connections for the printer. 

Once the connections are gone, you can download and install the UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Mac V10.19.13 from our support site. Once the drivers have been installed, you can go back to printers and scanners and add the printer back to the list using the +.

Hi, I'm having the same issue with printing Envelopes. I tried removing the printer and installing UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Mac V10.19.13. I restarted my Mac and my printer (MF743Cdw) and I'm still having the same issue. Envelope in multi tray not printing correctly. I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

My issue was resolved by resetting the printer to factory settings and then setting up the paper setting again. That worked fine for me. I had posted the question in a new thread. You can view the response that worked here https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF644CDW-stopped-printing-envelopes/m-p/408459#M1...

Hello Gpikovsky,

If you reinstalled the driver and it did not resolve the issue, you can try registering the envelope size on the printer's operation panel using the steps in the link HERE. If you continue to have issue with printing envelopes, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-266, Our agents would be happy to check into the issue.,

Announcements