cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743 Squealing at startup

azlife4me
Contributor

Every time the printer starts to print it makes a loud pitched squealing noise. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suggest you try to determine (specifically) where the noise is coming from.  Then try to isolate what is causing the noise.  Something is dirty, jammed, loose, out of alignment, bent, etc.  Maybe its as simple as lubrication.    You can describe the noise, but we can't tell you definitively what the cause is.

If it's under warranty, call canon.  If you cannot determine the source yourself, they can best advise of your options.  If you can't get through on the phone easily, use the support portal and email.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Nothing seems to be jammed. It still prints fine. I opened everything up and see nothing out of order. I will give Support a try.  Thanks again.

Announcements