cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw Scanning Too Light. No Place to Adjust Density for Scan to Computer.

Kast10
Contributor

Hello,

Where specifically can I adjust the scan density in the MF733cdw? I scan from the printer to my PC.  Currently, all scans are illegible. I also tried 3rd party scanning software and Scangear software, There is no place to adjust the density.

I have looked everywhere in the MF Scan Utility and the Printer web UI. The closest I can find in the web UI is "Function Settings-> Store/Access Files Settings-> "scan setting" however, once you click in, it is actually "Scan Settings USB Memory Settings" specifically for Scanning to USB Drive which does not help. 

Settings/Registration: Function Settings: TX Settings  > Scan and Send Settings >File Settings Density has no effect either. 

Double sided and single sided scans are affected. 

If you can help, please reply with specifics. I will never purchase another Canon Printer again. 

21 REPLIES 21

kerry1
Apprentice

[ I will never purchase another Canon Printer again. ]   
SAME HERE.  totally useless as a scanner. I bought it just to have a scanner when remodeling my home and needing to like a hundred receipts.  on EVERY attempt the scan is white out and impossible to read.  Useless piece of junk.

HamRichards
Contributor

Canon won't let me mention its name, but there is third-party scanner software that makes the Canon scanner totally satisfactory. 

Announcements