cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF731C Looking for advanced menu of options

GrumpyBuddha
Contributor

Almost six years ago, I was able to get to this menu and goof with the margins -- something that even Canon Support didn't think was actually possible at the time, btw. 

Six years later ... I don't know how I found this menu -- can't find it when trying to manage my printer -- and am not sure whether I need to download some software, or whether it is even still available! 

Can anyone lend a hand with ideas of how I got here? 🙂 

GrumpyBuddha_0-1713389805781.png

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I don't recognize that menu. Could it be connected to the OS? 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Agree.  I'll look for it when I get home tonight but it appears to be in the driver.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I found it.  Print Driver > Finishing Tab > Advanced Settings button

Scroll to Expand Print Region and Print > Click details

shadowsports_0-1713408467153.png

You can also read about it in your user guide:

Printing Results Are Not Satisfactory - Canon - imageCLASS MF735Cdw / MF733Cdw / MF731Cdw / MF634Cdw...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks -- how do I get to "Print Driver", though? 
When I click on the driver, there's practically nothing there to work with. 

... SOLVED! I downloaded a different driver and lo and behold, all the options are back! Windows insisted it had the most up-to-date driver, but ... 

Thanks much! 

Announcements