cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 No driver option to print on 8.5" x 11" glossy paper

titlemanager
Apprentice

Canon Software Developer Intellectual Capacity Catastrophic Fail

When choosing print options with any Canon printer.....if you choose glossy paper the paper size option will disable 8.5" x 11" in the dropdown list. I assume that was done because photos are usually standard sizes, and 8.5 x 11 is not a standard photo size. It should be. I have been printing on inkjet printers since the technology became available. Very rarely do I print family photos of standard sizes with my printer. I do everything else possible because I am a masterfully skilled image editor. I also write software. So I know that it actually took extra effort to write the code that would eliminate the option to choose 8.5 x 11 size when glossy paper is chosen.  

Hey Canon. This is a major fail. I have file cabinets full of 8.5 x 11 glossy photo paper. The only way to use it in a Canon printer is to cut it into standard photo frame sizes first. Exactly why  I am fully stocked with the paper. Here's a little (or very big) profit hint Canon. Scratch that code. The result would be that several hundred million human beings would start using their photo paper in your printers. Knock-knock. Is anybody home Canon?

10 REPLIES 10

titlemanager
Apprentice

By the way Canon. I am anything but a spectator. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean by ANY Canon printer?

I have two Canon Pixma inkjets and a Canon multifunction laser printer. They all have 8.5x11 as a choice with glossy paper.  Canon makes 8.5x11 glossy inkjet paper. That IS a standard size with inkjet printers. 

What are you talking about?

So while the option is there you get an error code when you actually try to print with the media type as glossy and paper size 8.5 x 11. Mine wont print at all unless its 4 x 6.

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, titlemanager!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

kelsea20
Apprentice

I empathize with you and I am also waiting on a solution!!

@kelsea20 wrote:

I empathize with you and I am also waiting on a solution!!

Greetings,

Model identification has been requested.    shadowsports_0-1713072453755.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Canon PIXMA TS3522

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good Morning,

Thank you.  I think what happened here is you didn't confirm the specifications before purchase.  

The specs for the printer list 4x6 photos.  The photo paper sold by Canon for this printer is 4x6 

shadowsports_0-1713105964558.png

Papers

shadowsports_1-1713106016274.png

The manual also lists photo papers as 4x6 (see page 161)

TS3500ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V02.pdf (canon.com)

All of this information is available on the products web page:

Canon Support for PIXMA TS3522 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

No where does it claim to print 8.5x11 photos.  It only supports plain paper for documents in this size. 

If you want help choosing a printer that can print 8.5x11 photos, you can use the Canon Printer Buying Guide

Canon Printer Buying Guide | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Or Contact Sales.  They would be happy to answer questions and help you find the right device for your needs:

Canon Sales Team
800-385-2155

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

This looks like one of those throwaway printers. Real cheap to buy. Amazingly hamstrung photo printing, and not worth buying replacement ink cartridges.

It's also a model that has an immense number of users writing to this forum trying to make it work.

What a shame. Canon ought to dump this model.

Announcements