cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726Cdw - Device Paper Jam 5

WAROCHE
Apprentice

I have a MF726Cdw that passes the paper through from the tray to the output without any issues at all showing a Device Paper Jam 5. This is happening at power on automatically without a computer or any other source connected to the printer.
I have checked repeatedly for a jam anywhere and there is nothing in the paper path.

Not sure of the next step is to resolve it. 

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

WAROCHE
Apprentice

I did a little more work with it and I cannot get past the Device Paper Jam 5 at power on. When powered on the printer feeds a sheet of paper to the output tray from the paper tray and throws the error. If you follow the error instructiona and clear the jam it will feed another sheet of paper and throw the error again.

I attempted to use the maintenance menu to have the system do a cleaning but it will not start the process because it still have the paper jam error active.

Hi, WAROCHE!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello WAROCHE,

If the printer feeds a blank sheet through and then switches to a paper jam issue, it looks like the printer needs service. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner using the steps in the link found HERE. If you do not see any obstructions that you can move and you still have the same issue, it would mean the printer needs service.

In that situation, you can use the link found HERE to log into your Canon account and check your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

Thank you for the information. In this case the toner cartridges are all seated correctly and still the unit runs a piece of paper through and then gives the Paper Jam 5 error on power up.

I will contact support to see what I can have done for the device.

Thank you again.

Announcements