cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install firmware update on Mac for mfcdw733?

DesertRatR
Contributor

I downloaded the firmware update file. When I launch installer it appears it needs to do installation over either USB or ethernet cable. My printer is wirelessly connected. Can you please clarify the proper installation procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello DesertRatR,

You won't need to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable to update the firmware. You can use the operation panel on the printer to update the firmware. You can update the firmware using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If you continue to have issues with updating the firmware, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I cannot download the firmware since it requires a serial number.  So I couldn't check the instructions.  However, Canon typically has very nice instructions for firmware that outlines exactly what to do; often with a couple options.

Did you check out that document? Does it require a wired connection for the updates?  Does the printer perhaps have a USB port that would allow one to do firmware updates?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Well, this is going to a project. I found the instructions. Thank you for that. I connected the printer to my Mac via ethernet, and added it via system preferences and the IP address. After launching the firmware installer app it didn't see the printer by name (list was empty). I added is via the IP address, and clicked "next". Update failed, reporting it couldn't find the device. Hmmm ....

FYI, I have no USB cable that works to connect the printer to the Mac.  Hence ethernet cable.

Hello DesertRatR,

You won't need to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable to update the firmware. You can use the operation panel on the printer to update the firmware. You can update the firmware using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If you continue to have issues with updating the firmware, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

Announcements