cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726CDW - Cannot connect to LAN

hickpop
Contributor

I lost my LAN connection due to a power failure and I cannot reconnect to my Netgear R7000 router.

Select LAN Connection is grayed out and Direct Connection is enabled. For some reason, the blue wireless light is off. I have tried to restart the printer several times. What am I missing?

IMG_1527.JPGIMG_1531.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, hickpop!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks, have given up on the knowledge base. It does not address my issue. It assumes that the LAN option is on and does not address how to turn it on other than via the Direct Connect option which is already on.

This printer is a year old and out of warranty. If I have to pay for support, it's easier to trash this and buy a new one, not a Canon.

Our technical support is completely free, regardless of your warranty status, and our team is available via email 24/7.  They're ready to help you!

Greetings,

Let's start with the basics.

Reset all settings on the printer to defaults

Now, configure the type of Network.  I suggest wired.

Network

Read the protions of the manual I provided completely so you understand all of the configuration requirements.  If after resetting the printer to defaults, you are still missing menu options (and are 100% sure a factory reset has been performed), then you need to determine if the machine or its power supply was damaged by the power outage.  Surges, dips or extreme fluctuations can damage components on devices which are unprotected by UPS. 

I have an R7000 as well, so if you need further assistance, I can help with that too.

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I did not have this plugged into the UPS, my bad.

Re intitialized and reset back to factory settings and the blue light is still out.

It looks like this is USB, so I have to find a cable to see if it will work wired.

Thanks for your help.

Actually, you want an ethernet cable.

See this

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ethernet cable does not work. I am now going to try to connect direct to my laptop via USB and see if that works.

If USB fails and you are 100% certain of the reset, the unit or its power supply was likely damaged.  Contact Canon, they may have a program to help you replace the product or power supply at a reduced price.  (Maybe) as I'm not certain of this.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello hickpop,

I understand the menu screen for LAN Connection is grayed on your Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw.  When the setting "Enable Direct Connection" is "On", it prevents use of a wired LAN or any wireless LAN other than Direct Connection.  Which also means the wired LAN and wireless LAN settings are grayed out.  Turning "Enable Direct Connection" to "Off" will allow you to make your LAN Connection selection.  Please follow these steps to turn off "Enable Direct Connection":

1.  Tap <Menu> in the <Home> Screen.

2.  Tap <Network Settings>.

* If the logon screen appears, enter the correct ID and PIN using the numeric keys, and then press ID.

3.  Tap <Enable Direct Connection>.

4.  Tap <Off>.

5.  Restart the machine.  Turn OFF the machine, wait for at least one minute, and turn it back ON.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements