cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726 cdw repeatedly has color printing problems from MacOS

david9109
Apprentice

I am about to buy a different brand because I cannot get the Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw to work reliably with MACOS. Something always goes wrong with the color emulation on the printouts. Today it prints magenta instead of black. Sometimes it prints yellow instead of black. Neither is good for time pressured realtor. Showing a client a property photo with pinks and yellows when there should be blues and greens is not possible. Only workaround has been to print to PDF and use Windows OS to get the colors right. HELP!

3 REPLIES 3

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi david9109,

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw is not printing reliably with your Mac OS computer. Since the colors print right when printing as a PDF using a Windows OS, the printer is working correctly.  We will need to work with you to get the same results when printing from your Mac OS.  Could you answer a few questions?

1.  What type of paper (e.g. Heavy 1, Coated 1, etc.) are you using in you MF726Cdw?

2.  Are you printing from Adobe Acrobat or another application (e.g. Preview)?

3.  What version of Mac OS are you using (e.g. 10.14, 10.15, etc.)?

4.  Can you provide a screen shot of the Printers & Scanners (or Print & Scan) dialog window from System Preferences?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Sonya1,

apologies for delayed response. issue is still happening. please see answers below in red

@Sonya1 wrote:

Hi david9109,

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw is not printing reliably with your Mac OS computer. Since the colors print right when printing as a PDF using a Windows OS, the printer is working correctly.  We will need to work with you to get the same results when printing from your Mac OS.  Could you answer a few questions?

1.  What type of paper (e.g. Heavy 1, Coated 1, etc.) are you using in you MF726Cdw? Regular 20#, 92 bright

2.  Are you printing from Adobe Acrobat or another application (e.g. Preview)? Acrobat from windows. MLS (multiple listing service) via Chrome browser

3.  What version of Mac OS are you using (e.g. 10.14, 10.15, etc.)? 10.14

4.  Can you provide a screen shot of the Printers & Scanners (or Print & Scan) dialog window from System Preferences?

5. Attaching sample output (scanned using MFW726)

Canon print problem 20201230-1_Page_3.jpg

Canon print problem 20201230-1_Page_6.jpg

Actual PDF printed output should look like 

Canon print problem 20201230 proper PDF_Page_3.jpg

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jpmich
Apprentice

Was there ever any resolution on this?  My printer for years prints horribly with the mac.  I literally have to print documents a few pages at a time because I have no idea when and where the color mismatch is going to strike.  There's no fix that I've seen.  It works for a time and then its bad for a while.  

Announcements