cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF654Cdw Email Subject Line Blank

BobEbaugh
Contributor

Setting up a new MF654Cdw.  Used the application library to add buttons for scanning to specific email addresses.  It works, but the subject line of the email is blank.  I have the email settings set to include a subject line, but it doesn't use that, please see attached.

Any suggestions.  thanksScreenshot 2023-03-18 214153.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rick,

Thanks.  Eliminating the spaces and adding a reply to did not fix the issue.   

However, it did prompt me to try the "normal" scan button to email dialog.  That worked.  Hmmm.  

So investigating further, the issue was related to the "Application Library" function.  Turns out the button definition includes another place for a subject line parameter.   If that's blank, it does not default back to the general parameter.

Best, Bob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This does look correct, and is below the 20 character limit.  It might be related to the email provider.  

Call Canon for assistance.

Canon Support for | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The email provider is Google Workspace (lite/free), basically Gmail.  I sent Canon support an email.   Will be interesting to see how long to get a response.  If I find a solution, will post it here.

Overall though, I'm really impressed with the product.  

Rick,  BTW...thanks for the reply!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Bob,

Sure.  😃  Happy to try and help.  Its odd the subject line isn't being passed in relay.  Put_underscores_in and see if it doesn't like spaces.  I can't imagine this would change things though.  Also try setting the reply to address to your gmail address.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks.  Eliminating the spaces and adding a reply to did not fix the issue.   

However, it did prompt me to try the "normal" scan button to email dialog.  That worked.  Hmmm.  

So investigating further, the issue was related to the "Application Library" function.  Turns out the button definition includes another place for a subject line parameter.   If that's blank, it does not default back to the general parameter.

Best, Bob

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Bob,

Fantastic.  I assumed you had already configured the email/iFax parameters.  This is a helpful post.  We now know the Apps library is only an overlay for the actual SMTP config/settings located elsewhere. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements