cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF645cx (laser) cannot print borderless...

Canun
Contributor

Hi guys,

I have a Canon MF645, fully set up with all of the correct drivers installed. However, I cannot get it to print photos truly borderlessly. Even when I select options such as "Fill page" and "borderless" with a photo of the correct aspect ratio, there is ALWAYS a thin white border on the outside of the prints. This is a huge pain and means that I have to trim the print manually.

Has anyone had any luck with this? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

Bawically I have now found out that borderless with laser printers is not possible due to technology limitations. Thanks so much for your help but I think that now closes the topic. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have a setting in the driver where you can adjust the amount of print extension for borderless printing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John. I forgot to mention that I have tried to reduce the margins to 0 but still it adds thin white borders. Maybe it's just not possible to do it with this range of printers...

Hi. Print extension is different. You may be correct about the ability to do it with your printer, but check te driver for something similar to the image below.

Annotation 2020-03-24 151655.jpg

Because of tolerances, when the printer enlarges an image to be borderless it doesn't always fill the page. The extension control enlarges the image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Bawically I have now found out that borderless with laser printers is not possible due to technology limitations. Thanks so much for your help but I think that now closes the topic. 🙂

Announcements