cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw - Toner Status software not working

Sven62
Contributor

I just got this printer. Installed software. Scan Utility loads fine. Got the latest driver from Canon. Printer prints great.

BUT...  the Toner Status app will not load. It shows it is installed. But click on it and nothing loads. Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi, Sven62.

If the MF644Cdw's toner status isn't getting to the computer, but everything else is working over the network or USB connection, try disabling your firewall or antivirus.  If that corrects the problem, then you'll need to refer to security software's documentation and support for directions on creating exceptions.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

gabehobbs
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem.  Disabling my Avast Anti-Virus software including the firewall made no difference.  I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled several times. It's never worked once.  I found the actual application file in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Canon\OIPTonerStatus\CnTnrStsApp.exe.  Clicking directly on the file or trying to run as administrator yields the same results...nothing.  Clicking on the icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar produces a Toner Status error message that reads "No printer driver that supports Toner Status was detected. Install a printer driver that supports Toner Status, then perform the operation again."  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Hello Gabehobbs,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you able to scan and print from the computer or do you get any error messages when you try?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements