cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw Serial Number ?

dws2006
Contributor

Just set up my new MF644Cdw. It is working fine and I want to register it.  The Product Registration website says the Serial # starts with 4 letters and ends with 5 numbers.  The Serial # on the unit does not match that format and the website will not accept it.  Anyone else run into this or have a solution?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks for the reply.  I tried entering the number on the back before I even sent this initial message.  After you responded, I tried that number again.  Out of frustration I entered it several times and lo and behold the 4th time it accepted it.  Weird.

View solution in original post

Hi, digidef2019 and dws2006.

There was until recently a bug in our product registration system that prevented serial numbers beginning with numbers from being accepted.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

The product registration page has recently received an update that should have corrected the error.  If your Canon printer was purchased from the U.S. and you are still unable to enter the serial number, please let us know so that we can alert our team and get that corrected.  You may either respond in the forums or, for a faster turn around, contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Regarding the fax capabilities, the MF644Cdw is a fax-capable model.  The phone ports may be found on the back of the printer, on the side opposite the power cord's connection.  The third "phone line" port at the top of the others is the network cable port.  It is wider than a standard phone jack, and will not comfortably fit a phone cord.  The correct ports will be labeled "Line" and "EXT," respectively.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, digidef2019.

The image you provided shows the printer is damaged (the ports have broken or shifted out of position).  If the printer is within warranty, contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) to arrange for either a replacement or a repair service.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So the actual solution is that the device I purchased is a MF642cdw and is not fax capable hence it has no telephone jack.

12 REPLIES 12

So the actual solution is that the device I purchased is a MF642cdw and is not fax capable hence it has no telephone jack.

So the Mystery is now solved. The MF642cdw does not have fax capability but the MF644cdw does.
So this device that I purchased from Best Buy is a MF642cdw and comes with no fax ports even though the manual doesn't state it.

digidef2019
Contributor
Hey Darius im at Best Buy right now and it appears that all the mf642cdw they are selling are missing the phone jack ports. Are you saying that they are selling defective/damaged devices?
I was bringing mine back for exchange but it's not looking good:(
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements