cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW - Scanning issue

buffalowing
Apprentice

Hi there,

I just purchased this lovely printer last week. I have no issue with printing from my Canon business app or from my mac book air. Also, I got a very satisfying result with the copying feature.

However, I try to use the scanner I have encountered some issue. 

1) I can use my mac or app to scan. Perfectly fine

2) I use the printer touch screen, try to scan and send it by email. I gave me an error message. 

3) I have followed with the previous post to configure my setting but no luck

4) I do not have a LAN line for fax

Thank you for reading this!

Merry Christmas

Buffalowing

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@buffalowing wrote:

Hi there,

I just purchased this lovely printer last week. I have no issue with printing from my Canon business app or from my mac book air. Also, I got a very satisfying result with the copying feature.

However, I try to use the scanner I have encountered some issue. 

1) I can use my mac or app to scan. Perfectly fine

2) I use the printer touch screen, try to scan and send it by email. I gave me an error message. 

3) I have followed with the previous post to configure my setting but no luck

4) I do not have a LAN line for fax

Thank you for reading this!

Merry Christmas

Buffalowing

Welcome,

1) I can use my mac or app to scan. Perfectly fine > Great

2) I use the printer touch screen, try to scan and send it by email. I gave me an error message. > What is the error message?

3) I have followed with the previous post to configure my setting but no luck >  What previous post, this is your first post on the forum? (Might be helpful if you tell us what mail service you are trying to use)

4) I do not have a LAN line for fax > The fax uses an analog phone line, not a LAN (Ethernet) connection.

Smiley Happy

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Dear Rick,

Thank you for your quick response.

I use the printer touch screen, try to scan and send it by email. I gave me an error message. > What is the error message?

Refer to system manager something like that. And there is also a print out TX result report 

Error ( with my email address)

3) I have followed with the previous post to configure my setting but no luck >  What previous post, this is your first post on the forum? (Might be helpful if you tell us what mail service you are trying to use)

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/How-do-I-enable-the-scan-to-email-address-functio...

From Patrice's reply

2. Enter "http://<IP address of the machine>/sendsupport_login.html" in the address field, and press the [ENTER] key on the keyboard.

4) I do not have a LAN line for fax > The fax uses an analog phone line, not a LAN (Ethernet) connection.

Sorry, I am not computer Savvy. 

Thank you so much!

Buffalowing

Hi buffalowing.

The printer's "Scan to email" function, as accessed through the printer's operation panel, requires the printer's access to an email server to have already been set up, using the printer's Remote UI.  If you do not have access to an email server, or to a web-based email service offering use as an email server, then you will need to scan to your documents or pictures to a computer and then manually attach those scanned files to an email.

For the "Scan to Email" option in the MF Scan Utility, you will need to register an email client installed on the computer, or integrated with the OS (e.g. Apple Mail on Mac OS, or Outlook.com on Windows 10).  If you are using a web-based email service not integrated with the OS, then you will need to scan and manually attach files.

For faxing, the MF644Cdw requires a "landline," a physical phone line connection.

Hi buffalowing,

I'm new to Canon, in fact, was just setting up my printer earlier today.  Ran into some security setting issue with Gmail and found 1 thread that was very helpful.  Let me share here.

I solved my issue (same) after reading the other thread: 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/Issues-with-scanning-to-email-MF644cdw/m-p/291614...

I also cross-posted on the other thread, aiming to provide a closure for another fellow user who had unanswered issue before today:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF644CDW-scan-to-e-mail-issue/m-p/311684/highligh...

Glad that this Canon forum seems pretty active.  I'm an IT guy and appreciate folks sharing their ups & downs.  Hope you get yours resovled after skim reading either threads.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements