cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644 - Washed out/Faded printing

GWT
Contributor

Printing began printing unevenly faded pages whether all print or with graphics, has graduated pages being evenly faded to almost unreadability.  Colors seem to print ok photos seem streaky and darker than expected, on plain ltr paper.  Colors, i.e. highlighed text, in other wise B&W text pages seem to print accurately.

An exception is that a document (auto repair manual) that I scanned in as pdf, prints nicely, text and images, from Foxit Reader. It is all B&W.  Although the nature of the ink print in that manual may cause the printer to "see" it as color, if that is possible.  PDF docs downloaded from the internet to  Foxit Reader do not print well.

Documents from Word, Outlook, FireFox, are printing very faded.

The same printing problems occur when copying.

I have completed the maintenance options except that Clean Feeder would not run, and did not do Control Condensation.

All cartridges are at 80%.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gwt,

In this situation it can be caused by the black cartridge or a hardware issue with the printer. In this situation, the maintenance options I would have suggested would have been to clean the fixing assembly and to clean the ITB. You can perform those steps using the steps in the link provided HERE for the fixing assembly and HERE for the ITB.

If you have already tried those options, you can try another black toner cartridge to see if that resolves the issue. If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can click the link provided HERE to create or sign in to your Canon account to view your service options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gwt,

In this situation it can be caused by the black cartridge or a hardware issue with the printer. In this situation, the maintenance options I would have suggested would have been to clean the fixing assembly and to clean the ITB. You can perform those steps using the steps in the link provided HERE for the fixing assembly and HERE for the ITB.

If you have already tried those options, you can try another black toner cartridge to see if that resolves the issue. If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can click the link provided HERE to create or sign in to your Canon account to view your service options.

Just as you say. The maintenance steps helped some, but I ended with replacing what I thought to be a good almost new black cartridge - but apparently wasn't.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements