cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642Cdw original in feeder...but there is nothing there and keeps giving paper jam error

genoc1br
Apprentice

I bought this printer yesterday and I am very close to returning it, I have never been so frustrated with a printer.

There is a persistant message of "The original is in the feeder", except there is no paper there. If I try and copy something it will copy just fine and then I get a paper jam message. I follow the on screen instructions, there is no paper to remove, and then at the 3rd screen it says place originals in feeder and then nothing happens and I have to restart the printer. And the "the original is in the feeder" message is back.

I have unplugged for an hour, message is still there.

I have reset all of the settings on the printer and the message is still there.

Help, please, before I it it with a hammer 😉

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi genoc1br.

If resetting the settings and the printer have not resolved the issue, then there may be another internal issue with the printer. We will have to recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

The support representative can perform additional troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue. We understand that the forum may be the preferred method of communication; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through them.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ForeverBlue
Contributor

I just bought one of these same machines on April 4th.  Your's must be just a lemon, which I'm sorry about.  I'm loving mine!

genoc1br
Apprentice
I ended up talking to canon service on the phone. They said it was most likely a bad sensor. Their suggestion was to take it in to a service tech or they could send me a refurbished one. I chose to return it since it was broke out of the box.

I'm happy yours worked. I'm afraid now to get another one, probably going with another brand.

Sorry to hear that.  This is my 1st ever LASER printer, but the ink is so pricey & the specific one for this specific machine is seemingly hard to find/get.  (I started another thread about the scarcity of ink.)

Let me know what you end up getting next?!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements