cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF631cw e2002 scanner error

paul4913
Apprentice

I have a new MF631cw.  Out of the box on first power up the self test shows error E2002 a, butnd the printer will stop functioning and proceed no further.  Canon refuses to honor the warranty.  I would like to repair it my self.  Can anyone help? 

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello. Can you please double-check the model number? The model of the printer will be on the front or top of the unit. 

When was your printer purchased, and from where? 

It is not advisable to self-service a laser printer, as it can be dangerous.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  The model on the front of the printer is color imageCLASS MF641Cw.  I bought it from eOutlet4u on 21 May 2022.  I would have a professional do it if I could find one nearby, 23185 is my zip code.  It is the Hampton roads area, there is a Canon factory nearby, but they don't repair printers.

Awesome! If it's an imageCLASS MF641Cw, purchased in May 2022, just call our team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). When the voice prompt asks you for your product model, be sure to say the correct model - MF641Cw; otherwise, it won't be able to get you through to an agent. They'll take it from there! 

Sorry it is a mf641cw

paul4913
Apprentice

Stephen

Thanks for the information.  I tried the number, after about two hours of talking to four different Canon agents I finally got a response.  The last agent I spoke with was a repair center, and he was candid with me.  He said that since the printer was not in warranty, Canon would not touch it.  My only hope would be if I could find a third party that would repair Canon printers.  So far no luck, will keep looking.  Do you know of anywhere I can buy scanner parts for my mf641cw?

Announcements