cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF5950dw Error in Scanner

tonyak9
Apprentice

error.jpg

I get this error message every time I try to scan to my PC from my scanner wirelessly.

It works when I scan to other computers in the office, just not to mine.

Not sure how to fix?

10 REPLIES 10

Tiffany

Hi Tonyak9!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other error messages or details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 7 64 bit.

I press Scan>PC1 on the scanner.

The MF Toolbox pops up on my pc, then the scan window, then the scanning progress bar window.

The Scanning window stays at 0% for several seconds, then the error message appears.

On the scanner it says "An error has occured. Close"

This happened to me a few weeks ago and I was able to correct it by uninstalling all Cannon programs and drivers and reinstalling.  Now it's happening again.

Hi tonyak9.

I will be glad to assist you. 

So that I can better assist you, please follow the instructions below and verify if you receive the same error message:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

I look forward to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

samata1019
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem.  I am using windows 7 also and there are other computers in my office that can scan and have no problems.  I followed the steps from this post and it comes up--"Cannot communitcate with the scanner.  The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off.  Scanner drivers may be terminated."  I can print but not scan.

I have the exact same error code. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAN CAN HELP. I CAN PRINT BUT CANNOT SCAN A DARN THING.

Hi JED1.

So that I can best assist you, I would like to ask a few questions.

1.  Is the printer connected directly to the computer via a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network?

2.  Is the Windows 7 operating system also installed on your computer?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a telephone technical support representative will be able to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

windows 7 and USB

Hi samata1019.

So that I can best assist you, do you know how many computers are using the printer? Is it ten or more?

I look forward to you reply. Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a telephone technical support representative will be able to assist you.

There are only about 4 computers using this printer. There are 7 computers in the office but 3 or 4 of them use a different printer. It is our only fax machine but we do not use it often. I know of one other lady in the office that uses the scanner and it works fine for her.  I am connected wirelessly to the printer.

Announcements