cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF465DW Scanning 2 sided to 1 sided

snifferpro
Apprentice

I have a doc I want to scan that is 2 sided, but I want the out put to be 1 page per side.

Is this doable and if so, how ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

What computer and operating system are you using?

When I need to do something like this (to end up with a two-page document that I could then either print single-sided or double-sided):

• Scan each side to create a separate PDF
  • In Finder (macOS), select both PDFs, and choose Quick Actions | Create PDF.   Or, open the first PDF in the Preview application, reveal the thumbnail view if not already showing, and drag the second PDF (what will be the second page) onto the thumbnail panel.
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I’m using windows 11.

let me see if I can explain this better.

ihave several 2 sided docs.  I want to scan both sides, but I want each side created as a separate image.  I don’t necessarily need a pdf as out put.

i will be putting these into a word doc as single sided images.

thanks

I'm not following.  If you want each side of the double-sided document as a separate image, you'd have two images.  i.e. an image of each side.

--
Ricky

That is correct.

I want an image for each side.

So scan each side individually to produce an image of that side.

If what you're really describing is to end up with a single image such that its content represents both sides of your two-sided documents, you'd need to either scale the images by 50% in each dimension and position side-by-side (using only half of a document-sized page).  Or, to fill in more space, scale by 60% (max of around 64%) and rotate by 90º.

scaled.png

--
Ricky

Announcements