cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF451dw Stopped Printing from Computer with UBS Connection

PTH
Apprentice

Printer will work to scan and copy but not print via desktop computer.  Printer will print connected via laptop, iPad, or iPhone and wi-fi network  but not via UBS cable.  Have reloaded driver and changed cable.  Printer is only a month old and printing worked via cable until yesterday. Are there some kind of preferences that need to be reset.  Have tried setting up UI with desktop but no luck. Initial set up disk was worthless and only show a picture of my Printer and it’s model number.  No other set up instructions.  Manual on line is 600+ pages and a two page color map of all of the printer screen icons.  Worthless.  Too small to read and says I can print it off but kind of tough to do as printer does work and would not be color anyway.  This map screen icon map looks more like what a Canon engineering or technician might use.  Other ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PTH,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When you try to print from the computer, do you get an error on the computer or printer display?

Hector, thank you for responding.  My desktop has Windows 11 Pro as an operating system.  I do not get an error message on my computer when I try to print.  I hear a small click at the printer and see a que on my screen of items to be printed.  Nothing else happens.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PTH,

If the jobs are staying in the print queue on the computer and you do not get any error messages on the printer or computer, it might be an issue with the printing system. You can try restarting the print spooler service on the computer. 

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can try highlighting the print spooler service in the list and then click on the option to restart.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting support over the phone and they can check what is causing the problem with the jobs staying in the queue.

stephanie_reid
Apprentice

Any resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem.  Thanks!

Stephanie,  I have spent hours trying to solve the problem.  Have tried new startup disc, resetting of printer preference including changing computer connection from WiFi to UBS cable.  Never have gotten the UI on computer to work.  Using AirPrint from iPad gives me a larger print font than wanted.  I have about given up, but will try Canon support one more time.  Their phone number is 1-800-652-2666

Thank you so much for responding. So sorry to hear that you haven't had any luck getting appropriate support from customer service.  That is disappointing.   I will contact Canon as well and let you know if I have any luck.  The USB worked for about a week, then it wouldn't connect at all! So frustrating...

Hi,

I called Canon support and we got it working!  It had something to do with Windows 11 and the print queue.  I was told this is common with Windows 11.  Call the support center!  They will get you up and running!  Thank you !

Announcements