cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF451 will not feed from manual tray

drhcpa
Apprentice

I have a new MF451dw and I am trying to get it to feed from the manual tray.  They only way I can get it to feed is to remove the other trays.  The manual says it will not feed from the manual tray if the other trays are removed but that is the only way I can get it to feed from the manual tray.  I don't want to have to remove the trays.  I just want to load the labels or whatever in the manual tray and have it use that first.  I am using the optional Canon cassette AH1 with this printer.  Is there a setting that I am missing.  By default it should feed from the manual tray if there is paper loaded there.

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Drhcpa,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What size and type of paper are you printing on?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer and what program are you printing from?

I am trying to use standard letter size paper.  Sometimes I would like to use the manual feed to print on a standard letter size sheet of labels.  I can't just set the labels in the manual feed tray to use without pulling out the other trays.  I am using windows 10.  I am printing from excel, acrobat, or word.  It is a major pain to try to use the manual feed.  Why can't it just be easy?

drhcpa
Apprentice

This piece of junk is worthless.  It just doesn't work and there is no real support!

Hello drhcpa,

The Canon Community forum is not intended for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE, including live support.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements