cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445dw Can't scan to a File Server folder, SAMBA

billbillw
Apprentice

I've tried everything I can think of, but can't seem to get the Scan to File to work for me. I am using this for a home office and I want to scan to my Server's Shared FIle folder. The server is a Linux based server runing SAMBA shares. The shared folders are setup and I've been using it with all my Windows PCs (easy to Map network drive) and my media devices (Movies/Music).

I cannot seem to get it to send scans to the share.

Details:

The server is called FILESERVER, it has a static IP of 192.168.1.20, the SAMBA share is /Files and I have a folder called Scan, so in the Remote UI, I entered an address like this:

Type:Name:Host Name:Folder Path:

File
NetworkImageScan
FILESERVER
//192.168.1.20/Files/Scan

The Windows SAMBA is set to Share Read/Right with "Everyone" so I have tried it without user name/pass, I've tried with with username 'root' and  its pass, I've tried //FILESERVER/Files/Scan, and several other variations. Nothing seems to work. I get either error 804 or 806. Not sure what is wrong at this point, but this is definitely something I would like to work properly. I want to be able to access scans from any of my laptops or PCs. 

I was able to get the scan to email working properly, but  that is less convenient for me.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What appears to be wrong..

Linux, Unix and MACs uses forward slashes "/"

Windows uses back slashes "\"

So if you are trying to access these shares from Windows...  use back slashes

See page 96 and 97 specifically:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAzNjcwNjAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports, I've tried it both ways and it doesn't work either way.

It seems that I get a different error though. If I do Windows backslash, I get 804. If I do forward slash, I get 806.

Still looking for some solution to this. I also tried adding a new user to the SAMBA share setup, then used that new user and still not working.

Announcements