cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF269dw light printing density, toner low prematurely

chris160
Contributor

I purchased a MF269dw printer about 6 months. My reliable HP printer no longer supported with new drivers and it was quite old so went with the MF series. I have not been impressed with the print quality of this printer at all. Seems like the printing is not dense or of good quality. I have increased the density to the top level and still too light. I am on my second toner cartridge and have not even used half a ream of paper and am receiving a low toner notification. I only print short email memos so not using a lot of ink per page. My first concern is print quality, does anyone have any ideas why the print is not dark or sharp?  

9 REPLIES 9

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Does the problem extend to copies? 🤔

I rarely copy but just did a few test copies to check that out. At neutral density it does not do well at all, too light. If I increase the density to the next to last highest available setting it does seem to be acceptable. 

chris160
Contributor

Neutral density meaning the default setting in the middle of the range.  

My 743Cdw has some built-in maintenance and adjustment tools. If the 269 has them, try running them and see if they make any difference.

It allows you to increase the density but that is all I have discovered. I've increased to the highest density for printing and it is still poor. 

Let's see if this path to the adjustment tools in the 743 apply to the 269:

Menu->Adjustment/Maintenance->Adjust Image Quality.

In this screen, there are some options to adjust how printouts appear.

Also: Adjust/Maintenance->Maintenance gives even more items to use to keep the machine tuned up.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Chris160,

The issue you are describing points a problem with the print settings or a problem with the toner. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What model toner cartridge are you using and what company was it made by?
  3. Would you be able to attach a sample image of your print issue?

I'm having all the same problems as Chris160. I am using Windows 10 Pro. My toner cartridge is Canon 051H.

I can't see how to attach a PDF.

Thanks for joining the conversation, Revis-sect!  If you want to show a PDF, you can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link to it.

Hope this helps!

Announcements