cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF269dw driver installation cannot see my printer but it can find my other printer.

toytech
Apprentice

I recently purchased a third mf269dw for my business and I was having issues installing the printer on computers that already have the driver and can print successfully to existing printers of the same model. I went to a different pc and tried to install the driver fresh (disabled firewall, made sure the computer and printer are on the same network, set a valid static ip on the printer and manually searched for it in the installer). The canon driver installer was unable to find my new printer anywhere on the network even though I can successfully ping that ip and the software could find the two other printers of the same model that I have on the same network. I also logged into my network controller and verified that there are no connection issues with this printer in my network. I cannot use this printer because of this. I am open to returning the printer for a new one if I have to but I am curious if anyone here might know my issue.

Operating system Windows 10

1 REPLY 1

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the specific operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please give our support team a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks! 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements