cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden won't operate

Demons
Apprentice

I have a new HP laptop using Windows 11. I have printer MG2960. Driver & scanner etc installed. Everything was working. Now I got this message - Printer is in use or an error has occurred. Check status, Scanner driver will be closed and i can't use any functions

Error code 2,140,21

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer supports USB and wireless connectivity.  How is the device connected and to what?

Were the drivers you installed downloaded from the printer's support portal?

If you are using USB, have you tried connecting the printer to a different USB port?.  It might also be helpful to confirm the cable is in working order if applicable.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I'm using a USB and I've tried another port. I have the latest correct driver downloaded through the Canon portal

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for confirming.  Please load a page on to the platen (glass) and perform a Copy operation.

If this works, the issue is with the computer or software.

If not, the issue is with the printer.  

Have you checked the ink levels of your cartridges?

Do you have any documents stuck in the print queue?  

Are there error messages or LED flashing?

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : MG2900 series : If an Error Occurs

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements