cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF264dw Scanner stopped working

nohart
Contributor

Hello, I have had non stop problems with this printer. Today it will not scan anymore. I am on windows 11. The printer is connected with a USB cable. When I try to scan the printer says, Select the scan type. It says Computer. When I select ok it says connect the computer but its already connected.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Nohart,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. When you try to scan, what error code number appears with the communication error?
  2. Are you able to scan using the MF scan utility installed on the computer or do you get an error message as well?

CYakoweshyn
Apprentice

Hi,

I am having the same issue. The printer is connected by USB and it is still telling me the scanner is not connected. I'm getting the error message 162.0.0.

nohart
Contributor

Hello, I apologize for not getting back sooner. I fixed all of my issues this way. First of all you can only connect the printer one way. Either USB or Wireless. So if you have both listed under your Printers section. Remove one. I had printing problems also. Here is what I did to fix that. Go to you Windows Firewall -> Select Advanced Settings (on the left). The under Inbound & Outbound Rules make sure ALL File & Printer Sharing are enabled. For the Scanning issues get the Canon MF Scan Utility (Listed under Software) here - https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/can...

Announcements