cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF260: Portions of print jobs are compressed

Jacen
Contributor

I've noticed on the last few jobs, that i'm getting some portions of a print job compressed or expanded. Mostly compressed. It's not consistent and not all the time, but it does seem to happen on most of my big print jobs. It hadn't been doing that until recently. 

As for the environment:

- Windows 10 home machine

- VPN'ing remotely to my work machine (which is Windows 8.1 pro)

- I've turned the printer off and on a couple of times

- i've rebooted my home machine

- I'm almost postive that I've rebooted my work machine at least once (they had an update and it rebooted when completed)

The print jobs that i'm doing is when I VPN in to my work. I don't really print stuff at home very often so i can't really tell if it's occuring when I'm printing from "home" vs. from the "office".

Any ideas? Again, it's a recent thing.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi Jacen.

If you haven't yet done so, try setting the printer to spool completely before printing.  Presuming that it is connected to the Windows 8.1 computer:

1. Open the desktop screen.

2. Move the mouse cursor to the top-right corner of the screen to open the Charms menu.

3. In the Charms menu, select Settings >> Control Panel.

4. In Control Panel, select Devices & Printers.

5. In the Devices & Printers list, right-click the Canon MF260 entry, then select "Printer Properties" from the middle of the context menu.

6. At the top of the Printer Properties window, select the Advanced tab.

7. In the Advanced tab, select "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster," and its sub-option, "Start printing after the last page is spooled."

This will ensure that the print data is collected on the remote computer before printing begins.  If problems persist, then you'll want to troubleshoot printing when near the printer.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I've made the change... and will jump back if I still have issues.

I made the change,  but now that I re-read your response, I think you have it flip flopped. The remote computer (i.e., my work computer) is still on Windows 8.1. My home computer is a Windows 10. When I log into the remote computer, i've checked the box to use local computers (and all other devices that I could) when I log in. I've still checked the box for "start printing after last page has spooled".

I'm not sure if it did get better, but there are still some issues with compression and expansion to some extent sometimes.

Any other options to try with this info or am i at the call in to tech support point?

Thank you.

Hi Jacen.

"Start printing after the last page has spooled" will greatly reduce the incidence of printing errors caused by data transfer lag.  If the problem persists, and in light of troubleshooting already performed, you can try removing the toner cartridge and drum cartridge (set both carefully aside), clean the paper feed rollers, and then reinsert the drum cartridge and toner cartridge.  If the problem continues after that, then it's either something deeper on the computer (such as security software causing lag in print data), a network/connection issue between the Windows 8.1 computer and the printer, or something deeper within the printer that will require you to contact our phone-based support (listed above).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements