cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF242DW Error Code 301-001

DesireGood
Apprentice

Hello, I have an error I am trying to resolve. If it involves replacing the "Main Controller Board", then I'd like to know how to go about understanding that option better. Thank you.

I found the following answer on Just Answer. It's the same error except, my model is the MF242DW (https://www.justanswer.com/printers/bbo7u-e301-001-canon-image-class-mf21bn-days-no-idea.html😞

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code

E301-0001

Description

Insufficient light intensity in shading

Remedy

When the same error repeatedly occurs after several times of turning the power OFF/ON, execute the following remedies.
(1) Check the connection of Flat Cable between Main Controller Board (J5) and Contact Sensor.
(2) Replace the Flat Cable between Main Controller Board (J5) and Contact Sensor.
(3) Replace the Contact Sensor.
(4) Replace the Main Controller Board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello DesireGood,

That error would mean the printer needs service if turning the printer off and on did not clear the code. You can log into your MyCanon account to check for any available service options. For replacement parts, you can contact our parts team at 1-866-481-2569.

DesireGood
Apprentice

OK. Thanks. 🙂

So the Remedy I first posted about taking things apart and reassembling them ... is that a viable option as well - to try - or not recommended, etc. ?

Announcements