cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF216n won't scan

xandor123
Apprentice

I've got my printer hooked up through my network, and printing on it in this way works just fine.  I've been having issues with scanning though.  I downloaded the drivers, the USB scan driver update, the MF Toolbox, installing and rebooting (all done today), and when I try to scan, I get this message:

Warning.JPG

Just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I've already got it set to run as the administrator, and I installed it as a network printer.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi xandor123.

The message that you are receiving indicates that the MF Toolbox software has not been reinstalled on the computer. First , make sure that the scanner is selected in the MF Network Scan Utility by following the steps below:

1. Click  in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

If you have verified that the scanner is selected for network scanning, and you are starting the scan from the machine, please open the Toolbox on the computer and then start the scan that way. If you do not see the MF Toolbox in the list, please open the download and run the installation program again.

If the program is still not available, after running the installation again, please try disabling any antivirus software that is installed on your computer.

If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I reinstalled all drivers and the software. The good news is that I can do a scan using the tools from my computer if the original is on the glass. The bad news is that if I try to scan from the printer, it throws the same error box. If I try to initiate the scan from my computer while the documents are in the feeder, it says it jams every time. In reality, it pulls about half an inch in before it gives up. There's nothing indicating that a true jam has happened at all.

So this solves half of my problem. I'd still like to be able to run the scan directly from the printer.

Also, another weird issue I've been having is that my printer won't go to sleep.  I've got the sleep timer set for 5 minutes, but it just won't turn off.

Hi xandor123.

We will have to recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements