cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 8580 cdw Vertical Lines WIth Large Number of Pages

nlk10010
Apprentice

"All of a sudden" vertical lines started to appear on the last pages of my printouts. In particular, when I send a 40 page Word  document (B&W, duplex) to the printer from my computer, starting at about page 30 vertical black lines/streaks start appearing (both sides of the page). It begins as one thin line (just to the right of the middle of the page) then progressively gets worse.

I've tried cleaning the drum (I think it was the drum) through the menu on the printer, twice, but no change. The lines don't SEEM to appear at all on the first 30 pages. I imagine it's POSSIBLE they're there and I can't see them but I've looked pretty closely and the prior pages seem clean. The paper is Hammermill Copy Plus, I've been using it for a while and it hasn't given me a problem in any other scenario.

It's kind of an odd issue, I was wondering if anyone had seen this or had any idea what might be going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Nlk10010,

In a situation like that, you can try cleaning the printer's fixing unit using the steps provided HERE or the transfer belt using the steps provided HERE. If you clean those parts of the printer 2-3 times and it does not resolve the issue, it would mean there is a problem with the toner or there is a problem with the hardware.

You can try another toner cartridge to see if it resolves the issue or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 to talk to support and check what service options you might have.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements