cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5420 Won't SCAN and Printed Docs Stay in the Print Queue

clawsonrbc
Contributor

Hello, suddenly my MB5420 won't scan via wireless or via USB. And documents are printed but stay in the print queue. I've deleted the printer and reinstalled it. Still NO scan. Still print queue messed up. Help please.

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi clawsonbrc,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?   If using a Mac, what version of OS X is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10, latest.

I suddenly have the same problem with my MG5520 (the scanner won't scan; I haven't noticed any problem with the print queue). I also have the latest version of Windows 10 (Version 1909). I'm beginning to wonder whether this recent Windows update broke the scanning capability.

I've created a separate thread with the details of my situation.

Larry

Larry, can you send a link to your request? 

I run Windows 10 Pro, latest update. Code given is 2, 157, 50. Here is the message. I've done this being right next to the device. Screenshot 2019-11-18 15.19.14.png

Hi clawsonrbc,

The 2,157,50 error is caused by security software blocking communication from the scanner to your computer.

Let's try using USB, as you said that you were unable use this method as well.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Disconnect the USB cable from your MB5420.

2.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

3.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

4.  Click on View devices and printers.

5.  Right click the MB5400 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all MB5400's are removed.

6.  Click on Control Panel in the upper left corner (or the Back button).

7.  Click on Uninstall a program.

8.  In the list that appears, please click on "Canon MB5400 series MP Drivers" and then Uninstall at the top.

9.  Follow the on screen prompts to install.

Once removed from the list, please close Control Panel and then reinstall the driver:

1.  Open a web browser and go to this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small-office-home-office-...

2.  Click on the Drivers & Downloads button.

3.  Click the Select button to the right of "MB5400 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  Once the download is complete, please open your downloads folder and double click "m68n-win-mb5400-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  During the installation, please select USB Connection and reconnect the USB cable when prompted.

Once reinstalled, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type NOTEPAD and click OK.

3.  Type TEST PAGE in Notepad.

4.  Click on File and then Print.  The Canon MB5400 series Printer should be highlighted.  Click Print at the bottom.

Does the test from Notepad print?

If it does, please attempt to print using the IJ Scan Utility:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MB5400%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did this via USB. Was able to printt and scan. Once I went wireless, I was able to print, but AGAIN, the print queue did NOT change, see screen shot. I then manually deleted the document from the print queue, and Screenshot 2019-11-21 14.19.37.pngScreenshot 2019-11-21 14.20.50.pnggot the same error message [even though all security is still off] 

Hi, clawsonrbc.

Windows operating systems will treat the USB and wireless connections to the same device as separate devices.  For this reason, when using the IJ Scan Utility and the MB5420, ensure the Product Name drop-down is set as following:

For USB, "MB5400 series";

On a network, "MB5400 series Network"

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements