Hello, I hope someone can help me
I have a second hand C5030 imagerunner advance.
I am struggling to connect to my laptop (running Windows 10) at all. I have no network so am using a USB lead directly from printer into laptop.
My problem is that I have downloaded the driver software, but when it gets to the point where is has to find the printer, it cannot detect it. In device management, the IR-Adv is showing up as an 'unspecified device' (see picture below).
I CAN CONNECT FROM A MAC NO PROBLEM. DRIVER DOWNLOADED FINE AND PRINTED FINE, aah!
- I have checked my USB port and USB cable on another printer and both are fine.
- I have tried to add the printer through Windows 'Add a Printer' > older printer > USB port. But the C5030 is not on their list of Canon printers (yes i updated the list)
- I have checked that all USB function is turned on on the printer settings
- The C5030 is photocopying fine
- I have installed and de-installed the printer driver from Canon website numerous times.
- the previous owner of the machine printed using a cable like this and it worked fine (with older laptop)
Is this a windows problem?
what can I do?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Thanks for posting!
While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!
If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!