cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2720 Printing and scan quality

jwbrine
Apprentice

Lately prints have streaks and missing text.  I have repeatedly cleaned the nozzles and done some deep cleans as well.  All ink  tanks are full and I have selected the correct paper and print quality.  I tried the highest quality and I got a printout full of ink smears, so went back to regular quality. The printouts of the nozzle check pattern and the print alignments look perfect, yet when I print documents there are lots of streaks.  I also noticed that when I scan pictures there are streaks in the image that results.

Is there anything I am missing to try to resolve this problem, or should I consider replacing this?  The printer is less than 2 months old and has seen light usage. 

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi jwbrine,

I understand when printing documents you have streaks and missing text. You have performed several troubleshooting steps; however, the issue persists. The next step is to perform an encoder film cleaning. Click HERE for information on cleaning the encoder film. Please read the entire article before attempting this process. 

The instructions do not work.  I've tried multiple times.  Initially it says to turn on the printer, open the front cover and then turn the printer off and back on.  However, when the front cover is open, the On/Off button is not active, it does nothing.

I did examine what I can see of the timing strip, there does not appear to be any grease on it.  

Any other ideas?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements