cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2320 Maxify Printer Cartridge is dry - cannot replace it

crouse
Apprentice

MB2320 Maxify Printer Cartridge is dry - cannot replace it - I have a couple of printer cartridges that are dried up but i cannot replace them as the printer still senses ink in them.  How do you replace them?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have alowed the printer to sit without use long enough for ink to dry up,  the printer might not work correctly or well again.  I would suggest starting with new ink cartridges.  It would also be a good idea to remove and inspect the printhead.  If its clogged, it may need to be cleaned/flushed before it can be used.

Cleaning cycles can also work, but you will waste alot of good ink attempting to restore print quality if things are badly clogged.   We aren't there to see what the issue is, and cannot say what the outcome might be, so I would suggest removing the printhead and cleaning instead of the cleaning cycles, but you'll have to decide what steps are needed.

There is not really much else you can do except try.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick.  Yes my girlfriend has left that printer alone for 3 yrs and now the cartridges are dry.  But the printer will not let me change the cartridges.  I read it will allow it when it is empty but it senses ink in the darn things.  How do I make it let me change them?  It will not advance the cartridge holder enough to let me change.

Greetings,

This might help:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/MB2300%20series/EN/BG/bg-ink1000.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements