cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 has quit with a B504 error.

hockeymanvt
Apprentice

No matter what I have done, the printer fails to align the in k cartridges in a way that will allow me to remove them. I have done all the recommended tricks I have researched. Pressing the of button 10 times, unplugging the printer for 10 minutes, ... I even spun around three times and clicked my heals!  Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Hockeymanvt,

The B504 error will point to a problem with the hardware or one of the ink tanks and the printer would usually need service. The error would point to a a problem with the ink system. In this situation, you can check on the inside right to check if any of the ink tanks are out of place or leaking and try pushing them into place if they are out of place. The issue could also be caused by third party tanks preventing proper ink flow. In this situation, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or you can log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Hockeymanvt,

The B504 error will point to a problem with the hardware or one of the ink tanks and the printer would usually need service. The error would point to a a problem with the ink system. In this situation, you can check on the inside right to check if any of the ink tanks are out of place or leaking and try pushing them into place if they are out of place. The issue could also be caused by third party tanks preventing proper ink flow. In this situation, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or you can log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

You are correct, I installed a new tank, ran it through some priming cycles and it works like a champ. Now I have two MB2720 printers. I think I will switch them into service every week to keep their ink flowing. Thanks all of you for your patience, persistence and expert help!!! 

sinjo
Apprentice

I keep getting the B504 error. Tried unplugging it and it still comes up. Can't get the ink to line up to replace it. Called technical support and it won't go past the phone number part, so I can't talk to an actual person! Very frustrating!! Can someone help solve the problem and possible contact me about it??

Announcements