cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 Not printing black ink?

ajpfeiffer
Apprentice

Hello-

Today my printer decided to stop printing black it looks like. (EDIT to add I should say it is not printing black words 100%. It is like the bottom or the top of the word is visable, but the rest of the word looks streaky).

I went to the maintenance tab and did Print nozzle check pattern and the grid had many lines missing. 

I did cleaning, and deep cleaning and both resulted in no change.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ajpfeiffer.

If the printer is within the warranty period, you're eligible for warranty options.  Log in or create a Canon Account at https://mycanon.usa.canon.com, and then register the printer.  Use the number provided in your Canon Account to contact support for warranty options.  A copy of the proof of purchase may be necessary to receive warranty service.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mommacita22
Apprentice

I am faced with this issue as well. Are there any suggestions that can be done to correct this problem. 

Thanks

What worked for me was taking out the print head. I found the steps in YouTube videos. Then, I soaked the print head in a little water, ran water through the print head with some pressure from a pipet. I also blew air through the printhead. After it dried and ink was no longer runnign from the bottom, I reinstalled it with the same, new, ink and it instantly worked perfectly.

ajpfeiffer
Apprentice
Recent development: I tried to make a copy now and it gives me an error code and won’t do anything. I bought new black ink thinking maybe it was out (even tho I swear I just put a new black in within the last month) but I don’t think I want to open it to have it still not work then I’m out $35.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ajpfeiffer,

Because performing numerous printhead cleanings did not get black to print, your MAXIFY MB2720 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!  So, I actually just bought this a couple months ago so I believe I am still within the one year warrenty period.  Would that change anythign you want me to do then?

Hi ajpfeiffer.

If the printer is within the warranty period, you're eligible for warranty options.  Log in or create a Canon Account at https://mycanon.usa.canon.com, and then register the printer.  Use the number provided in your Canon Account to contact support for warranty options.  A copy of the proof of purchase may be necessary to receive warranty service.

RondaF
Apprentice

I had this same problem. I ran problably 10 or more deep cleaning cycles. I tried 3 different cartriages. Eventually, I researched how to take out the print head. I removed the printhead and cleaned it by running water and air through the tubes.  I just put the printer back together and it is working perfectly.

(I was willing to try this because if that didn't work I would be left with having to buy a new printer anyways.)

Announcements