cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Paper.LTR Error Message when printing - Canon MF635Cx

LouisGroen
Apprentice

Good day,

I added new paper to my printer, and an error message appears everytime I print a document, prompting me to select the correct paper source. I have disabled the manual feed source and still everytime I want to print a document, I have to select the paper tray before it starts to print.

I have attached an image of the message.

Please help?

IMG_2127.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

Danny

Hi, LouisGroen!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Your com's print setting  for paper size  must be letter size.

Your printer's ltr paper size is A4.

So, you have to change the print setting paper size of com. to A4.

advent87
Apprentice

Hi,

I am having the same issue -- I most certainly have a printer bought and sourced in the US -- an Imageclass MF741cdw. It is displaying the same exact thing everytime I print as what appears in this poster's image. Since my printer was purchased in the US, can you please simply tell me what the fix is so I don't have to manually get up and go to the other room to select an option everytime I print something? I basically can't queue up multiple print jobs and have to go downstairs for every single thing I need to print. 

You have to install the canon driver.  The windows 10 driver causes that error.  Found it through trial and error. Delete the device and install using the software that came with the printer.

This is the best answer out of any of the `work arounds` being discussed.  For whatever reason the MS packaged Canon driver gives the printer a mal-formed request when it comes to addressing paper size/tray targets.  If you simply download the 135mb driver package from Canon USA support site and install it your headache will be gone forever with regards to this issue.

Cheers,

-RF

Mailinator
Apprentice
On the printer go to:
Menu>Function Settings>Printer>Printer Settings>Prioritize Driver Settings> Drawer 1.
Set to "On", click "Apply".
In Windows open the printer driver>Paper source>
Set default to Drawer 1 and choose paper quality.
The Windows driver should then override the printer settings and no error message should pop-up.

Thanks. Your solution worked for my MF743 model. You were much more helpful than Danny the Canon Moderator. 

Thanks a lot! You saved my time.

Thank you Mailinator! Your response fixed my Load paper.LTR/Plain 1 printing error on my MF743Cdw

Announcements