cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6200

MiddyZ
Apprentice

I am having issues connecting my printer to another computer in the office. The computer is on a shared network and has previously been connected to printer and printed with no issues. Now I have the pop-up for the the printer that says "Incorrect port- The port to which the printer is connected is not supported. Check the port." 

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer multiple times to no only get the same notification. I have attempted changing the port and it hasn't worked. The printer is connected to another computer in the office and prints fine. There are no updates on that computer. 

When re-installing the printer the printer does not pop up on discoverable printers and I have to click the printer I want is not listed and manually install the printer and it will say it does not dectect the printer.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MiddyZ,

We would be happy to assist with the connection issue. To provide some troubleshooting options, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below we can assist further.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When you install the drivers for the printer, does the setup find the printer?
  3. What is the name of the port that it is using?

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements