cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install device driver in Windows 10 for LBP6200d

gatehouseauthor
Apprentice

I received a new Windows 10 PC and am unable to get either of my Canon printers working on it.  Most important is the Canon LBP6200D.  It is plugged in directly via USB cable.  Windows sees the printer fine, and adds it to Devices and Printers, but it doesn't install a driver.  I have downloaded the driver from Canon (LBP6200d_R100_V110_W64_us_EN) and run the extraction.  When I try to run the Setup.exe it tells me it won't run on my OS.  When I try to manually update the driver by browsing to it on my PC, I get an error, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Canon LBP6200  The system cannot read from the specified device."  I have tested the USB cable and the printer by installing them on a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 8.1 desktop, and they work fine, but the driver will not install on my Windows 10 desktop.  Anybody have any advice on this?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi gatehouseauthor.

Please delete the LBP6200d_R100_V110_W64_us_EN file, and then empty the Recycle Bin.  Next, restart the computer, and download the file again.  Before installing the driver, please temporarily disable any antivirus software until after the installation is complete.  

If the error persists, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements