cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6030 USB not responding

UnderPar
Apprentice

I have a working USB connection IN (same cable prints to another printer) on OSX 10.11.6

It's set as the default printer and worked perfectly before -  a lightning strike - and is now stuck with the blue WiFi light blinking.

It is recognized over USB, but when I push a job it says "not connected"

Is there a way to hard reset this printer?  Anything else I'm missing?  I doubt deleting and reinstalling the driver would do anything (worked before) but that's maybe worth a try,  It seems like it's on the printer end though since my other printer works with the same job, same cable.

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 6.37.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 6.42.03 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi UnderPar  

Please delete and add the printer to the queue.

Please open [System Preferences] > [Printers & Scanners].  Next, click the [-] sign under the printer list to delete the printer.  Once the printer has been removed, please follow the instructions below to add the printer back to the window:

1. Click the [+] icon.
If another dialog box does not appear, click [Add Other Printer or Scanner] or [Add Printer or Scanner] after clicking the [+] icon.

2. Register the printer and fax.

2-B. TCP/IP Connection.

2-B-1. Click [IP], and select a print protocol from [Protocol].

If you want to use the machine in an IPv6 environment, select LPD or Socket for [Protocol].

2-B-2. Enter the IP address of the machine to [Address], and select either one of the following options from [Print Using] or [Use]: [Select Printer Software], or [Select Software].

2-B-3. Select a driver that is capable for this machine from the driver list, and click [OK].

2-B-4. Click [Add].

3. Check that this machine is added to the [Print & Fax], [Print & Scan], or [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

4. Close the dialog box.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks - once deleted the printer is gone forever and doesn't show up again when connected to USB - even after reinstalling - running all the various driver installs and assistant items.

I've been using Macs since the 1980s and know how to set up printers - in this case it's just completely unresponsive.

We were in touch with support directly via email with similar generic answers/results. Unfortunately it appears this printer is DOA and will need to head off to a land fill.
Announcements