cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP 622/623C will not connect to Mac

eapatten
Apprentice

I have a Canon LBP 622/623C, and I cannot connect today. The computer and printer are on the same Wi-Fi network. I am using a 2017 IMac Pro with Sonoma 14.6.1 OS.

Before today, the printer kept dropping off the network when it went to sleep. I would have to go through the network settings on the printer and add it back into the computer (using the "add printer" function) even though it was showing connected —very annoying. Today, when I went to "reconnect" to the printer, it did not appear in the "Add Printer" box.

I have spent many hours troubleshooting this problem to no avail. Based on other forum articles, I assigned it a static IP address through my router today and restarted the computer, router, and printer. The printer does not show up.

I have tried adding the printer using the static IP under the "IP Protocol," and the computer cannot find the printer.

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver (though I am unsure where it is located). The Add printer IPP cannot find the driver either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements