cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf642cdw not scanning to email

bafinegan
Apprentice

Hi all.  I just got a refurbished mf642cdw for my home office.  I set it up and can print/copy and print from my computer on my wireless network.  But I can't seem to figure out how to set up the scan to email feature.  I thought I followed the instructions, but when I try, all I get is "error" on the printed verification paper.  No code, just "error".  I am trhying to send to my yahoo mail account.  Thanks for any guidance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobinsonPRNT
Apprentice

I agree that the interface for setting up the Scan to Email is lacking.

If you look at the TX Log, it should give you an error code number.....but even those are only barely helpful.

To see the log, you can do it from the web interface or from the printer itself.  On the printer, click Home / Status Monitor / TX Job / TX Log.  On the web interface, from the Portal, click Status Monitor / TX / Job Log.  But, the error code 753 (the most common I see) is pretty generic.

In your case, make sure that you have changed the port.  The default is 25, but Yahoo uses 587 for non-HTTPS connections.  Go to the printer, hit Home / Menu / Preferences / Network / TCPIP Settings / Port Number Settings / SMTP and change it to 587.  I don't know where that setting is on the web interface.

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465 or 587
  • Requires SSL - Yes
  • Requires authentication - Yes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Instructions on how to setup Email functionality are lacking in imageCLASS documentation. I ended up watching a "how to" video on YouTube and documenting the steps & settings for my church's MF733 and my personal MF743.

RobinsonPRNT
Apprentice

I agree that the interface for setting up the Scan to Email is lacking.

If you look at the TX Log, it should give you an error code number.....but even those are only barely helpful.

To see the log, you can do it from the web interface or from the printer itself.  On the printer, click Home / Status Monitor / TX Job / TX Log.  On the web interface, from the Portal, click Status Monitor / TX / Job Log.  But, the error code 753 (the most common I see) is pretty generic.

In your case, make sure that you have changed the port.  The default is 25, but Yahoo uses 587 for non-HTTPS connections.  Go to the printer, hit Home / Menu / Preferences / Network / TCPIP Settings / Port Number Settings / SMTP and change it to 587.  I don't know where that setting is on the web interface.

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465 or 587
  • Requires SSL - Yes
  • Requires authentication - Yes

I tried and it keeps wanting me to use the remote UI.  I really don't want to ( I tried using it and I had to do a factory reset and start from scratch).  Thank you for trying tho!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements