cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf642 different paper issues

JCourt
Contributor

I use my printers (yes more that one) for crafting and printing for my antique consignment store business. 

When I try to use laser waterslide paper or any type of labels it prints fine but then I have a indent on all my future papers. I have cleaned the machine as best I know how. I use heavy coated paper settings, changing settings when I print something different.

Are there different settings?  Has anone else had this issue?

IMG_6181.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jcourt,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What type of paper are you printing on when you get an indent on the paper?
  2. Did the issue begin after a paper jam?
  3. Which tray are you loading the paper into?

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist.

Thank you

Once the paper was UPS shipping labels, made for laser printers.  The other was a waterslide craft paper, made for laser printer and this time hp glossy brochure paper, made for lasers.  

I did not have any paper jam.

When it happens they are pulled from the main tray not the singe fed slot but the indent is on papers from both after it happens

I work the same hours as support, and do not have time to be on hold for hours, again.

JCourt
Contributor
I still have this issue if you could help please

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jcourt,

In this situation, you can try reloading the toner cartridges using the steps in the link HERE. While the toner is out of the printer, you can also check the paper path to check for any obstructions. If you still have the same issue after reseating the toner and do not see any obstructions that can be removed, it would mean there is something wrong with the paper feed path. You can use the link HERE to log into your Canon account and check your service options for the printer.

hscheuring
Apprentice

Did you ever find a resolution for this? Mine is doing the exact same thing with my waterslide paper. I've tried checking the toners, they're full and I have reseated them. 

No i did not.  Was told, in a very rude manor, that you shouldn’t use waterslide paper ever in the machine.  I made a big deal out of it since it says it no where on any thing about not using waterslide. It was only 18 months old so they replaced it and I sold it.  Haven’t replaced it yet

How did you get them to replace it? 

The warranty basically and that there’s no warning. 

Announcements