cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf624cw - not printing on sides of one page

michelindas
Apprentice

No matter if I print or copy, there is about a 1 1/2" margin that doesn't print on both sides of a letter sized piece of paper.  NOTE:  I am not talking printing on the back, just on the top of the page.  It prints right down the middle fine, but chops off the image or words on the sides.  It just started this recently.  I downloaded all the new drivers and software, but it still does it.  Since it does it on copies too, I really don't figure it is a problem with how the computer talks to it,but an internal issue.  I have tried cleaning and went through all the settings in the menu, but can't see anything that would affect this huge gap on both sides of the front of the page.  Is there some part that is going bad?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We need to know the following in order to try and help.

OS you are using the printer with version and build?

How is the printer connected?

What drivers did you install?

What application are you printing from?

Have you tried printing from a different program or application?

Is it possible you have changed settings for margins or have specified the wrong paper size for what is loaded?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

OS - Windows 10 Pro, build 19043.1415

Printer connected through USB

Drivers:  I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Canon UFRll Color Class Driver off the Canon site and it didn't fix it

Applications - any application, including Paint, PDF on Edge.  But  it does the same thing when I just copy a document on the build in copy machine feature.

I haven't made any changes on the computer side regarding margins, but it is possible that the touch printer menu on the front of the printer could have set margins (my cat likes to sit there and make copies).  I have been through all the menu items and tried to find anything regarding margins and found nothing.

I am low on Magenta (toner comes in in a couple of days), coud that have ANYTHING to do with it?  It makes no difference if I just print black and white or copy in black and white.

Thank you for any help you can provide and for looking into it.

Announcements