cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf455dw - printing checks

serenitysleep
Apprentice

Just bought 3 of these printers.  I am trying to set the printers so I can print checks.  I tried out of the box but the micr line did not print on the check.  What am I doing wrong?  The printer I replaced printed checks just fine.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Could it be the software you are printing from?  What software might that be?  Are you using the printer with a MAC or PC, what OS version and build?

What I often do is make several copies of the form or template I am using.  This allows you to perform several dry runs ensuring everything is lined up and printing as expected before I put my expensive checks in the feeder to print.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

serenitysleep
Apprentice

We've been using this software for the past 9 years.  We have two other printers that print just fine but are getting some age on them.  I wanted to try something new.  We use an Accounting based software on a Windows PC.  It prints other documents just fine but not checks.

Announcements